FORTIFIED TOWN ROUTE, A CIRCUIT OF 153KM
- Labastide-de-Lévis (towards Marssac/Gaillac) Following the Tarn towards Gaillacois, just a few kilometres from Albi, after Marssac, you reach the village of Labastide de Lévis and its cooperative wine cellar.
- Castelnau-de-Montmiral (32km, towards Gaillac) 13th century fortified town
- Puycelsi (13km towards Gaillac) Medieval village described as "the most beautiful village in France" built on a rock dominating the Vère valley.
- Penne (19km towards Gaillac) This medieval village is built around its castle and overlooks the Aveyron gorges.
- Vaour (41km towards Cordes) Former base of a Templar commandership. 2km from Vaour, towards St-Antonin-Noble-Val, the Dolmen of the Peyra Levada, the largest of the Tarn.
- Cordes-sur-Ciel (25km towards Paris) Built in 1222 by the Earl of Toulouse, the fortified town is one of the Top Tourist Sites of the Midi-Pyrénées. You will be charmed by its streets bordered by superb Gothic façades the ground floors of which are often home to craft boutiques. Perched on its rocky spur, Cordes dominates the valley and protects, behind its fortifications, Gothic houses with sculpted façades, artisan art. You can easily access the city gates using the tourist train from the bottom of the village.
- Albi (23km)
NOT TO BE MISSED ON YOUR DAY TRIPS
Cooperative wine cellar of Gaillac wines - Labastide de Lévis - La Barthe - 81150 Labastide de Lévis
Tel: 05 63 53 73 63 - Booking advised
Here, you can find the main cooperative wine cellar of Gaillac and the Tarn, the Labastide de Lévis cellar, which sells Gaillac wines: Primeur, AOC and even the perlé.
Oenopolis: an immersive and innovative visit in the world of vine and wine - wine tasting at the end of the visit
Reduced entrance fee for holders of the Albi City pass, free entrance instead of €5 + buy 8 bottles of wine get 4 free.
- The Yves Thuriès museum of sugar arts and chocolate in Cordes-sur-Ciel
33 grand rue Raimond VII 81170 Cordes-sur-Ciel - Tel: 05 63 56 02 40
At the top of the town, close to a panoramic viewpoint. From the start you will be seduced by the products from the Meilleur Ouvrier de France, Yves Thuriès. Crunchy, macaroons, ice cream, chocolates and many more will delight your taste buds ... Continue on your gourmet journey through the 2 rooms of the museum to discover works in sugar and chocolate following the mural.
Opening times: February - December 10:00am - 7:00pm
Entrance fees: Adults €5.30 - Children (6-14 years old) €4.30 Offer for Albi City pass holders, adults and children: €4.30
- The Modern and contemporary art museum - Cordes-sur-Ciel
Maison du Grand Fauconnier 37 Grand Rue Raimond VII 81170 Cordes-sur-Ciel
Tel: 05 63 56 14 79
Housed in the Maison du Grand Fauconnier, dating back to the 14th century, the museum offers both temporary exhibitions by contemporary artists and a look at art from the 20th century. The various rooms present works by Yves Brayer, Maurice Baskine, Aline Gagnaire, Francis Meunier, André Verdet and a collection of friends: Picasso, Léger, Miró, Klee, Fromanger, Arman, Christo...
Opening hours: 16th March - 25th November daily except Tuesdays 10.30am - 12.30pm and 2pm - 6pm
Entrance fees: Adults €4.00 - Children (6-14 years old) €3.00 Offer for Albi City pass holders: €3.00