Albi, a guaranteed favourite!
Situated in the Tarn department, Albi is a major destination in Occitanie; it is the 4th most visited tourist region in France.
Visit Albi, our main things to see and do!
- Stroll through the historical centre, a virtual museum with an open sky.
- Be fascinated by the biggest brick-built Cathedral in the world.
- Dive into Toulouse-Lautrec’s universe, museum in the Berbie Palace
- Imagine yourself as a captain at the Lapérouse Museum.
- Dream of wearing the beautiful, embroidered dresses in the Fashion Museum.
- Become inspired by the exhibition at the Art Centre.
- Take the Little Tourist train or the traditional “scow”.
- Try our treasure hunt.
Albi, a treasure of nature and activities
- Cycle down the Green Pathway.
- Hike one of 18 suggested trails around Albi.
- Stroll… or run along the riverbanks with the family.
- Picnic in the Pratgraussals Leisure Centre.
- Discover the city’s heritage with an audio guide.
- Experience a “green adventure” by driving through the Tarn Valley towards the village of Ambialet.
Did you know? There are 3 main sites to visit in the Tarn:
Cordes-sur-Ciel and the medieval cities, the Canal du Midi and the Tarn Valley.
A detour towards the countryside…
The Tarn Valley! : After Albi’s urbain charm, discover the beautiful countryside views by following the Tarn river: hiking trails, horse riding, carriage rides, donkey riding, cycling routes, canoeing, paddle-boarding, fishing, swimming, tasting local produce…
The Tarn, a majestic river, flows through several departments, from Lozère to the Tarn-et-Garonne. From Albi to Millau, you will discover the Gorges du Tarn, the Rapses and the Tarn Valley… incredible countryside views.
Hiking on one of the most beautiful trails: « Le sentier des Cabannes » in Ambialet. Alternatively, you can rent electric bikes if you fancy being lazy!
The peninsula of Ambialet
Entwined in a 3km bend in the Tarn, the Ambialet peninsula is full of surprises and charm. There is a magnificent view if you just take time to walk up to the old monastery. This picturesque village has the distinction of being built on the most pronounced isthmus in Europe. A good place to visit all year!
The incredible viewpoint of the Tarn Valley from the monastery.