Carcassonne, Lourdes, Toulouse, Millau, Montpellier and Perpignan are cities all within a radius of less than a 3 hour drive.
THE JOURNEY THROUGH OCCTIANIE PASSES THROUGH ALBI...
A trip around Occitanie provides you with fabulous encounters, making you discover many other things: heritage, nature, museums, local specialites... It reveals its wealth between sea and mountain, according to its "40 Grands Sites Occitanie Sud de France" among the 8 UNESCO sites.
Enrich your experiences, visit Occitanie, visit Albi!
- Albi is a major destination.
- Albi is in a strategic point in the centre of the 4th largest tourist region in France, which covers an area greater than Ireland and includes 13 departements.
- Albi is registered twice as a World Heritage site. UNESCO has distinguished Albi twice and classified the Episcopal City in 2010 as Heritage of Humanity and the Mappa Mundi in 2015 as Memories of the World.
- Albi is at the centre of 8 UNESCO sites:
- 1985... The Pont du Gard, in the Gard.
- 1996... The Canal du Midi, in the Aude, Haute-Garonne, Hérault and Tarn French departments.
- 1997... Pyrenées Mont Perdu, which includes the Gavarnie cirque and the town of Gèdre (1999) in the Hautes-Pyrénées on the French side. This classification is shared with Spain, the Autonomous Community of Aragon, the Province of Huesca and the Municipalities of Torla, Fanlo, Tella-Sin, Puertolas, Bielsa, and Broto.
- 1997... The Cité de Carcassonne, in Aude.
- 1998... The Santiago de Compostela route in France.
- 2008... Mont-Louis, in the Pyrénées-Orientales, within the classified group of Vauban fortifications.
- 2011... The Causses and Cévennes, cultural landscape of Mediterranean agro-pastoralism, since 2011 in 4 French departments: Aveyron, Gard, Hérault and Lozère.
- 2010... The Episcopal City of Albi, in the Tarn.
- Albi has appeal beyond its national borders with the Toulouse-Lautrec Museum.
The museum houses the most important collection in the world of the artist Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, a native of Albi. Paintings, prints, drawings, preparatory studies and posters provide a complete and documented approach to the artist.
You can download the map of Occitanie with all the sites to visit by clicking here : Tourist Map of Occitanie