Around Albi, visit the Ségala Tarnais and discover the mining history of the Carmaux coal pool. Appreciate the work of a glass-maker, and enjoy your visit in the Albi region!
Discover a quiet and unspoilt area: The Ségala Tarnais!
- As a family, to soak up the local atmosphere, head to Monestiés. It's a small village full of character, classified as on of the most beauitful villages in France, nestled in the valley of the river Cérou. It's a medieval pearl. You can find playbooks for children to help them discover the village's well kept secrets: sacred art and contemporary art in the heart if a thousand-year-old village.
- Then, take the road to Carmaux, a town located at the heart of local history and flagship character: Jean Jaurès! Stroll through the city center and immmerge in the industrial past of this mining town.
- A word of advice: the perfect time to go is on a Sunday morning, to stoll through the friendly market.
- Staying in the same spirit, the Mine museum is a must-do! It's a moment to discover, share and an unforgettable visit for all ages. You get to visit the tunnels and galleries: it takes you back in time! The musuem is temporarily closed in 2021 for work.
- In order to let off steam after all these cultural visits, Cap Découverte is the perfect place to have a bit of fun! There are a mulitude of activites: moutain biking, swimming, paint balling, paddle boarding, wakeboarding... Plenty of fun and relaxing things to do in the heart of the Ségalas Tarnais.