The heart of Albi beats to the rhythm of Carnival, a major annual unmissable event. Sundays February 26 and March 5 are the dates to remember to attend the parades of the 67th editing. Follow the monumental floats created in the Albigensian workshops.
At the heart of Carnival
Departure at 14:15 p.m., from Avenue Foch, it's time for the cardboard giants to come out of hiding and set off on their annual parade through the streets of Albi. An unmissable event at the beginning of the year, children and adults put on their most beautiful costumes to attend and take part in the wanderings. On the program, bandas, majorettes and the Carnival Queen accompany the twenty floats prepared especially for the occasion, in a whirlwind of colors and music.
And if you reserve a place, a little special to attend the carnival?
- Enjoy a access to the bleachers, privileged place from where you will discover the groups and the floats of Albigensian manufacture with the comments of an animator
Online seat reservation
- Treat yourself to magical moments behind the scenes of the Albi Carnival thanks to your ticket “At the heart of Carnival” including:
- access to the bleachers to admire the parade as well as access to the hall of the Grand Théâtre with the program snack and tasting.
– a place of choice for parade in the heart of the parade with the carnival-goers … provided you are disguised.
- a invitation to the revelers' lunch Sunday February 26 (exhibition center) or Sunday March 5 (Pratgraussals event hall), date to be chosen.
Animation guaranteed with the presence of national and international musical groups.
- Some suggestions of accessible car parks during Carnival:
Cathedral/Bondidou car park – Q Park Marché Couvert car park – Halle du Castelviel car park – Les Temps Modernes car park (avenue du Loirat) – Place Fernand Pelloutier car park – Teyssier barracks car park
- children's carnival : Wednesday 1er March from 14 p.m.
with a parade in the pedestrian streets, a show on the Place du Vigan followed by the Judgment of the King and pancake tasting
- La Fun fair to prolong the fun and magic of Carnival…
Did you know?
Le Albi Carnival it is also and above all an association of enthusiasts, the Association du Carnaval d'Albi, guarantors of a unique know-how, and which every year redoubles its effort and imagination to make this celebration the 3rd carnival in France.