The Tourist Information Centre will help you to organise your stay in Albi and to make it a success. Here is some practical information on how to travel to and from the city.
ALBI, AT THE HEART OF THE OCCITANIE REGION
Albi is a major destination. It holds a strategic place in the centre of the 4th biggest tourist region in France, twice classified as having World Heritage status and is at the heart of 8 UNESCO sites. It's accessible for day and weekend trips.
- 50 minutes by car from Toulouse, Rodez and Montauban.
- 1.5 hours from Cahors, Carcassonne and Millau.
- 2.5 hours from Perpignan, Montpellier and Lourdes.
HOW DO YOU GET TO ALBI?
By train, bus & carpool!
Find your way to relax in Albi by comparing and combining train, bus and carpool with our partner Tictactrip.
Find all types of trips like: Paris Albi, Toulouse Albi, Bordeaux Albi and many more.
Albi is close to the major motorway network:
- 45 minutes from the motorway that links the Atlantic and the Mediterranean.
- On the A68 Toulouse/Albi.
- On the A75 to Paris via the Massif Central, 2 hours away from the A61 towards Montpellier.
Travel differently, car share!
Albi has two train stations:
- The main train station is Albi Ville, place Stalingrad - tel +33 892 35 35 35.
The town centre and the old town are a 15 minute walk away, or take the R, L or K bus lines.
- The Albi Madeleine station, place de la Résistance - tel 05 63 60 75 83.
Guaranteed rail links:
- Paris/Toulouse/Albi: daily service.
- Toulouse/Albi: 17 services per day.
- See all the TER timetables on Sncf voyages.
- Albi Le Séquestre Airport - Tel: 05 63 54 38 49.
Commercial, training and tourist aerodrome.
- Toulouse Blagnac Airport - Tel: 0 825 380 000 (€0.15/mn).
National and international connections.
Travel time between Albi and Blagnac: 1 hour via A68.
- Castres Mazamet Airport - Tel: 05 63 70 34 77.
Airlinair connections for Paris.
Travel time to Albi via RN 112: 45 minutes.
- Rodez Airport - Tel: 05 65 76 02 09.
Connections for Paris, Lyon, London with Ryanair, Eastern.
Travel time between Albi and Rodez via RN 88: 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Carcassonne Airport - Tel: 04 68 71 96 46.
Travel time between Albi and Carcassonne: 1 hour 30 minutes.
International connections with Ryanair, Iberia, Atlas Atlantique Airlines.
ONCE IN ALBI, TRAVEL BY BUS
- Urban transport in Albi and the wider community
Service every day except Sunday
Espace info, 16 avenue de Gaulle 81000 ALBI - Tel : 05 63 76 05 05
- Travel in the Tarn with lio81
Tel +33 (0)806 990 081
Bus station 2 Place Jean Jaurès 81000 Albi
>> Some places to visit by bus: Albi, Castres, Cordes-Sur-Ciel, Gaillac, Montauban etc...
You are looking for a taxi for your trips into town or the region, you want to book a shuttle for your airport transfers, you would like to book the services of a taxi to discover Albi.