The Tourist Information Centre will help you organise your stay in Albi and to make it a success. Here is some practical information on how to travel to and from the city.
ALBI, AT THE HEART OF THE OCCITANIE REGION
Albi is a major destination, a strategic place in the centre of the 4th biggest tourist region in France, twice classified as having World Heritage status and is at the heart of 8 UNESCO sites.
Albi occupies a central position in Occitanie, making it accessible for a day trip or weekend.
- 50 mins by car from Toulouse, Rodez and Montauban
- 1.5h from Cahors, Carcassonne and Millau
- 2.5h from Perpignan, Montpellier and Lourdes
HOW DO YOU GET TO ALBI?
By train, bus & carpool!
Find your way to relax in Albi by comparing and combining train, bus and carpool with our partner Tictactrip
Find all types of trips like: Paris Albi, Toulouse Albi, Bordeaux Albi and many more.
Albi is close to the major motorway network:
- 45 minutes from the motorway that links the Atlantic and the Mediterranean
- On the A68 Toulouse/Albi
- On the A75 to Paris via the Massif Central, 2 hours away from the A61 towards Montpellier
Travel differently, car share!
Albi has two train stations:
- The main train station is Albi Ville, place Stalingrad - tel +33 892 35 35 35
The town centre and the old town are a 15 minute walk away, or take the R, L or K bus lines
- The Albi Madeleine station, place de la Résistance - tel 05 63 60 75 83
Guaranteed rail links:
- Paris/Toulouse/Albi: daily service
- Toulouse/Albi: 17 services per day
- See all the TER timetables on Sncf voyages
- Albi Le Séquestre Airport - Tel: 05 63 54 38 49
Commercial, training and tourist aerodrome
- Toulouse Blagnac Airport - Tel: 0 825 380 000 (€0.15/mn)
National and international connections
Travel time between Albi and Blagnac: 1hr via A68
- Castres Mazamet Airport - Tel: 05 63 70 34 77
Airlinair connections for Paris
Travel time to Albi via RN 112: 45 mins
- Rodez Airport - Tel: 05 65 76 02 09
Connections for Paris, Lyon, London with Ryanair, Eastern
Travel time between Albi and Rodez via RN 88: 1hr 15mins
- Carcassonne Airport - Tel: 04 68 71 96 46
Travel time between Albi and Carcassonne: 1hr 30mins
International connections with Ryanair, Iberia, Atlas Atlantique Airlines
ONCE IN ALBI, TRAVEL BY BUS
- Urban transport in Albi and the wider community
Service every day except Sunday
Espace info, 16 avenue de Gaulle 81000 ALBI - Tel : 05 63 76 05 05
- Travel in the Tarn with lio81
Tel +33 (0)806 990 081
Bus station 2 Place Jean Jaurès 81000 Albi
>> Some places to visit by bus: Albi, Castres, Cordes-Sur-Ciel, Gaillac, Montauban etc...
You are looking for a taxi for your trips into town or the region, you want to book a shuttle for your airport transfers, you would like to book the services of a taxi to discover Albi.